Holy cannoli man. Steve was out again today, so I had to cover for his new student during first period. Apparently Steve is really sick and might be out the rest of the week, which means that I have to do the intake assessment for the new student.
So today I had 6 students total, on top of trying to plan for my lessons tomorrow and writing a TAPS assessment on JD, a Functional Travel Vision Assessment on TM, a report on a nearby intersection, and the assessment for the new student. And I don't have an assistant to help me with daily reports and keeping track of daily miles/destinations on the car like the other mobility instructors do.
Needless to say, feeling a little overwhelmed. I know I'm supposed to be moving my students forward through their curriculums, but some have so many gaps in knowledge (like how an intersection is laid out, that there will never be both stop signs and lights at an intersection etc), that I feel like I need to address these first. How else will they be able to map out an intersection and cross it independently? Some of these students may not get to the point where they can do this on their own, which really makes me wish that I was working with them in their home area and not at some random intersection. And then it doesn't help that Steve is asking me to do these other things with my students that I don't feel are as important or as relevant for getting the student finished here in a reasonable time.
Part of my problem is that right now we have more students taking mobility than both Steve and Holly can handle on their own. Therefore, if I don't exit some students from mobility by the time I leave, Steve and Holly are going to be super overwhelmed. I know it shouldn't be my responsibility, but I don't want to leave everyone in the lurch. Ok, rant over.
No comments:
Post a Comment