Didn't have any students today but I did have some progress update meetings to go to. At these meetings we talk about what the student is doing well and what he or she still needs to work on. The primary point of the meeting is to figure out how much time the student needs to complete his or her training at the center.
Steve and I went over the biweekly evaluation together, and overall he is pleased with how things are going. He wants me to work on my confidence, making sure I end lessons on time, and think about what kinds of standards I want to have for my students (what will I be picky about). He wants to go over TAPS with me and highlight the kinds of things that he thinks are important and also to give me a refresher.
So far I've had to do a referral for a student to receive night mobility (this is contracted out to another instructor) and I'll also be writing a justification letter for why this student needs the Trekker Breeze. Next week I'll be doing his exit report, which is similar to the progress reports that I've already done. Definitely having to learn the ropes quickly.
This weekend I'm planning to learn the main bus routes for the area and scope out intersections/street crossings that I can use with students next week. Should be interesting.
Love reading these. I feel like I'm right with you. Call me if you want to chat about anything. Sounds like Steve is working out well.
ReplyDelete