Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Intern 4.1
Day two of teaching this week. Things are going well so far. My biggest challenge now seems to be figuring out what to do with my students the next day. Many of them are ready to go out into the community and tackle things like street crossings and commercial travel, but we have to drive to these places (and there is only one hour). Nevertheless, I did take my new student to a commercial area today (and he did fabulously as usual). Another challenge is that because I'm unfamiliar with this area, I have to do a lot of investigating to find places that would be suitable for my lessons. The other instructors helped me with this a bit, but I need more "minor" intersections. Everything here seems to be either a major 6-lane intersection or a residential area with no sidewalks. On another note, I am feeling more confident about what to do with my new student and guesstimating how much time he'll need in mobility instruction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment